‘Big Data’ is the new Buzz Word in business today and while the world gets up close with the 10 big V’s of this new buzz (Volume, Velocity, Variety, Veracity, Visualization, Venue, Value, Virality, Variability and Viscosity); we at GIM are attempting to add another ‘V’ that we believe stands for ‘Victory’ in the field of Big Data Analytics. How are we doing this you may ask – well, we are applying the philosophies of business management on Big Data Analytics (BDA) through our PGDM in BDA.
Here’s the low down of a few simple things that help us in our endeavor of creating future-ready, data-fluent managers:
- WHAT WE TEACH – READ. LEARN. REVIEW. REPEAT.
Knowing to read data and understand the inferences it throws are 2 very different capabilities and luckily our program in BDA gets our students to acquire both of those skills. As part of the program you will not only learn statistical theory, data management, business intelligence systems including artificial intelligence (another buzz word) as well as deep learning and related tools, techniques and algorithms; but also understand their application in business.
Old may be gold- but it sure doesn’t hold true in the field of Big Data and the velocity that comes with it. Therefore we are constantly engaging with business and industry to make sure that our program reflects their needs – all these to make sure that you are never outdated.
- HOW WE TEACH: A 40:60 mix of Business knowledge and BDA experience
Teaching with innovative techniques is what keeps us at the top of our game – read as NO detention for talking in class (unless it’s campus gossip or lunch menu discussions)! We are all about participative learning, since we could all learn a thing or two from each other.
Our Data Science Laboratory: Now this may sound fancy but we think it’s essential that our students get their basics right. Therefore, before taking on the challenge of making sense of big data in the dynamic business world, our students are exposed to hands-on training in our data science lab enabled with cloud service. This allows you to apply case-based learning on actual data sets.
On-the-Job learning: With 2 well-spaced opportunities for in-company experience during the program itself, you can be stand a better chance to find your place in the industry to apply what you have learnt at GIM in the real world during the program itself– 1) A summer internship at the end of Term 3 and 2) A full last term that is dedicated to in-company training. So you not only learn, but can also exhibit.
- WHO’S ON-BOARD:
Who better to be the founding blocks of our program than the maestros themselves? Our board of studies formed for this program is comprised of a galaxy of stars from renowned universities and pioneering companies in the field of big data analytics. Name-dropping really isn’t our thing, but with the names we have below, who can blame us.
- Prof Károly Böröczky, Professor and Head of Department of Mathematics and Its Applications, Central European University.
- Prof Chandrasekhar Subramanyam, Sr. Professor and Director Business Analytics Centre, IFIM Business School, Bangalore.
- Sandeep Mittal, Managing Director, Cartesian Consulting Pvt. Ltd., Singapore & Mumbai.
- Prof Prithwis Mukherjee, Programme Director, Business Analytics, Praxis Business School, Kolkata.
- Prof Arnab K Laha, Professor, Production and Quantitative Methods, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
- Shailendra Singh, Head, eCommerce, Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Mumbai, India.
- Prof Niloy Ganguly, Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Karagpur.
- Prof Pulak Ghosh, Professor, Quantitative Methods and Information Systems, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- Dr Anshuman Gupta, Director Data Science at Pitney Bowes and Ex-Head of Data Science Program at Cognizant Technology Solutions, Bangalore.
- Soumitra Das, Senior Consultant, Analytics Training, SAS Institute, Mumbai.
Well, that’s how we are going for ‘Victory’, and we hope it excites you as much as us. Don’t waste a minute more; apply to our PGDM in BDA now.